Sunday, January 31, 2010

Growing food at home

My boyfriend and I both enjoy experimenting with growing edible plants in the house during winter.

Last year, Curtis tended lovingly to this bell pepper plant that grew by his window all winter, and though the peppers were clearly stunted and didn't taste like much, he used them for seeds. Most of the fun is just watching these things grow, anyway-- if you get food out of them, all the better.
















photo by Curtis Sawatzky

I'm currently attempting basil, tomatoes and chili peppers. I'm not holding my breath I'll get any food out of these, but the possibility is still exciting...


And if anyone has time to spare (clearly not CreComms) and is feeling crafty, try this.

Next week I'll document the growing of sprouts in a jar-- it's amazing.

1 comment: